ROLE: To carry out Reception duties and work with the Practice team to provide a high level of service and care to patients at all times.
• Responsible for telephone – switching to correct answer service at appropriate times during the day
• Check Doctors consulting rooms before each surgery
• Answer the telephone, make appointments, record requests for home visits.
• Receive patients at Reception desk, record arrival on the appointment system
• Direct Patients to consulting rooms
• Operate the appointment system.
• Receive repeat prescription requests, prepare and process them via the computer clinical system
• Receive and accurately record details of messages ensuring all messages reach the relevant personnel.
• Assist in the Dispensary when required
• Check leaflet racks and notice boards and keep tidy
• Waiting area – keep clean and tidy during the day
• Print appointment lists for afternoon/next morning clinics
• Check Home Visit Book and print patient summaries
You may be required to perform other related duties from time to time.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties but is intended to indicate the main functions and responsibilities of the post.
Your working hours will be 37 per week
Your wage will be the National Apprenticeship Wage £3.50