DL5 6DX Newton Aycliffe
This is an award winning company which has been recognised both locally and regionally as ”Employer of the year” and ”Best employer” respectively. They take great pride in its diverse workforce employing staff from all backgrounds. They cover a range of handyman services, including but not limited to; painting and decorating, plumbing, roofing,tiling,electrical work, plastering, basic gardening and cleaning of office spaces.
Skills required for this job role: (Essential)
- The desire and interest to work full time in an office style environment.
- Commitment to working towards the NVQ in Business Administration for the duration of the apprenticeship and a clear understanding or what being an apprentice entails.
- Good communication skills; as this role will involve daily contact with clients whether if be face to face, over the phone or by email or letter.
- The ability to be team player and take instruction well from colleagues and the management team.
- A good telephone manner; to include being confident to take to people over the phone.
- A good range of computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft programmes (Word, excel, power-point etc)
- A pass in GCSE English and Maths would be advantageous.
- Confidence in Social Media would be beneficial.
- General office duties such as typing letters and documents, emailing, answering the phone, filing and dealing with the post.
- There will also be some scanning, data entry, and checking of documents.
- Additional duties to include: Photocopying, laminating and creating resources for the training company.
- Updating Social Media accounts, booking travel and accommodation.
Training to be provided:
- NVQ in Business Administration
- Functional skills in Maths, English and ICT if required.
Working week- Full time 37.5 hours per week
Salary- £3.30p/h based on the National Apprenticeship rate