Apprentice ICT Assistant
Newcastle NE1 5XU
To assist in all aspects relating to the care and maintenance of computing, audio, visual, photocopying and telephone equipment across the firm.
Reporting to ICT Manager the duties, as and when required, are:-
- Provide first line support to users for hardware, software, audio-visual, and telephone equipment.
- Assist in supporting and managing the IT infrastructure.
- Assist in configuration and setup of IT software and hardware.
- Assist in staff training of IT systems.
- Assist in the development of the company and internal website.
- Work with third party suppliers to ensure IT systems and equipment are operational.
- Ensure the security procedures within the firm are applied.
- Ensure that all office equipment (e.g. printers, photocopier) is kept in good working order and maintained, referring any problems to the Practice Support Manager, or the ICT Manager – whichever is relevant.
- Other duties of an ICT nature as may be as may be requested by the ICT Manager, Partner or Managing Partner.
- To liaise closely and appropriately with, and to be considerate to the Partners and all other staff, remembering at all times that co-operation between all is fundamental to a successful and enjoyable working environment.
As an IT Apprentice Assistant within the firm you must have the necessary personal qualities to ensure that you can carry out the duties outlined above. A level 2 ICT qualification is required and be working towards completion of a level 3.
Working hours will be 37.5 hours per week.
Wage: National Apprenticeship Wage £3.50 per hour.