Business Admin Apprentice
The main duties and responsibilities
– Sort, open and scan incoming post;
– Scan, package and sent outgoing post;
– Answer incoming telephone calls from switchboard. Deal with calls by providing appointments, taking messages or transferring accordingly;
– Making outgoing telephone calls to clients to provide routine information (e.g. recorded delivery details for applications) and arranging appointments;
– Managing the diary to ensure that there are no appointment clashes between the solicitors. The diary must reflect the rota in place and appointments must be scheduled accordingly.
– Photocopy and scan documents and files as directed;
– Checking, sorting and prioritising incoming emails received by the firm to ensure that those requiring urgent response are highlighted to the solicitor responsible in a timely manor. Ability
to respond to non urgent emails and general requests.
– Organizing and storing paper and electronic files for clients;
– Sorting, filing and storing invoices and receipts (both incoming and outgoing) to ensure that these are dealt with in accordance with OISC requirements and are available in an easy to access
format for the accountants.
– Submitting and managing bills to clients as directed and keeping track of incoming payments.
– Taking card payments over the telephone and banking cash as and when directed by one of the
– Preparation of bundles of documents for the court (paginating bundles prepared by a solicitor, creating a contents page, copying and scanning the completed bundle).
– Drafting and submitting very routine letters using pre-provided templates when specifically
requested to do so.
– Keep accurate records, developing new systems where appropriate to ensure all record keeping is accurate
– Maintain and order stationary
– Undertake any other tasks/duties as may be reasonably required.
Qualifications: GCSE A* -C or equivalent in English and Maths is essential as a minimum.
Experience: Experience in using Microsoft products including word and excel. Experience of administrative work would be desirable. Candidate should be able to use initiative and work
– Excellent communication skills;
– Excellent organizational skills;
– Excellent telephone manner;
– Ability to prioritize work and responsibility
– Ability to multi task and be able to maintain an accurate working standard when presented with deadlines;
– Ability to deal with people of various nationalities and ethnic backgrounds for many of whom
– English is not a first language.
– Flexible and able to operate as part of a small but very busy team;
– Excellent interpersonal skills;
– Must be presentable and professional at all times.
Your working hours will be 37.5 hours per week.
Your wage will be the National Apprenticeship Wage £3.50 per hour