Business Admin Apprentice
About the Company
Our daily business involves organising comprehensive logistics solutions to our clients, including transport, warehouse and transhipment services. Here in the UK we have 4 main hubs and 8 supporting offices delivering consignments of every conceivable product by road, air, sea and rail. The Company offers exciting challenges and prospects for you to grow and develop your professional career.
Work as part of a busy operations team, inputting orders onto the system and making any necessary arrangements.
Handle customer orders / quotations and provide a high level of service to a number of allocated key accounts, plus ad-hoc smaller accounts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Handle customer orders from throughout the North East of England and arrange deliveries into Europe by road.
- Taking bookings and planning.
- Quoting customers using our in-house pricing tool.
- Liasing with our overseas offices, sub contractors and drivers.
- Any other tasks deemed commensurate with the role of Forwarding Operator / Customer Service
Qualifications and Skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good computer skills
- Time management and organisational skills
- Team Player
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- At least one years experience in Transport – Freight Forwarding
- GCSE’s in Maths and English grades C and above