Responsible for: To provide an integrated range of technical skills in support of the InBond group IT Infrastructure at the Stockton site. The role will include local IT support, support of operational procedures, data management, validation, correction and general technical support, working as part of a team that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
The primary function will be to provide day to day hardware and software support to InBond users, the IT systems and servers used by the business including, but not limited to, JDA Dispatcher, JDA Duty Manager, Active Directory and Email and to ensure network and system availability and reliability is maintained.
Hours: Working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, between 8:00am and 5:00pm
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support of systems located at InBond as appropriate, ensuring that the IT and electronic communication infrastructure is available to all employees, outside of pre-planned system downtime, by the effective hands on management of IT equipment including system management, installation and component replacement.
- Asset and warranty registration, configuration and deployment of new server software, ongoing maintenance of such software and management of software licensing including data capture and reporting on resource deployment.
- Assisting the IT department with infrastructure and software deployments.
- Ensure system and equipment security is maintained by ensuring anti-virus and software update systems are up to date and operational.
- Compliance with Group Security policies and ensuring all hardware is secured to current standards.
- Provide server monitoring and reporting and maintain system availability and reliability.
- Monitor and maintain database and system integrity.
- Troubleshoot systems hardware/software problems, liaise with 3rd party hardware and software suppliers to ensure problem resolution within agreed SLA.
- Manage, co-ordinate and control the raising, progress and resolution of system incidents with 3rd parties and participation in incident and problem management. Provide technical support and information and assist in the delivery of system incident Root Cause Analysis reports.
- Develop and maintain technical support processes, user manuals and other documentation as necessary to support service delivery.
- Assist with new process writing and solution delivery to the InBond group. Including the setup, configuration and documentation of new software and processes.
- System report writing using various reporting tools to provide the business with accurate system data and dashboards.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Taking ownership of technical issues, and working to resolve more advanced issues when necessary.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate external parties.
- Understanding, implementing and challenging the strategies for the Division.
- Consistently researching and developing the information technology structure to ensure an enhanced service to both internal and external customers.
- Participation in providing training as required.
- Follow a clear desk policy and promote a professional image and attitude.
- Design and develop applications to aid process efficiency.
Knowledge and experience;
- Knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP, sub netting, OSI network layers, and other networking concepts.
- Knowledge of business systems and processes. i.e. Warehouse management system.
- Excellent documentation skills, including the delivery of standard operating procedures.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (i.e. Hyper V, VMware).
- Experience with monitoring, antivirus, anti-spam & security systems.
- Excellent communication & customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills with fault finding experience & knowledge
- Experience in application development using various programming languages, desired but not essential.
- Knowledge of web site development and management including IIS, HTML & PHP. Desired but not essential.
- Knowledge of database technologies including Oracle and SQL.