IT Support Apprentice
Newton Aycliffe DL5 6XP
As we are a small company the successful person will be primarily a Software Testing Engineer with some responsibilities for Support and also some responsibilities for Configurations in support of our consultancy team.
Although we are not specifically seeking x years’ experience in any particular field, you should be able to articulate and demonstrate or reference your understanding of bug isolation and systematic methods of eradication, isolation, identification and reproduction, in order that the development team can quickly fix the problem. You will be challenged with working on a large product development that has many differing aspects including Database management, UI/UX, business logic and workflows, across a variety of browsers and includes smartphone and tablet use. Sometimes we are challenged with tight timescales, and heavy or complex customer projects.
As we currently don’t have a support team and the technical team cover both development and support you will also be responsible for sharing in the support of our customers as incidents arise.
- Excellent understanding of front end and UI design
- Some knowledge of jQuery, and ASP.NET MVC would be advantageous but not essential
- Be capable of developing and maintaining a Test Plan
- Must be disciplined to document logical and thorough processes that test and re-test all aspects of our product
- Assist with the support of customer implementations by contributing to the resolution of customer incidents
- An understanding of User Experience and responsive design and development techniques
- Knowledge of testing tools and frameworks available commercially
- Ability to develop Unit and Integration Test scripts