Operational Support Apprentice
Brief role: Responsible for maintenance, development & IT support of all IT/Telecomm systems including hardware, software/application development and data manipulation & presentation. These jobs will be undertaking while closely liaising with Operational Support Manager/Supervisor on all aspects of the IT/telecomm systems & infrastructure.
- Full role: Maintenance and installation of IT/Telecomm hardware & software.
- Interdepartmental ‘Tech’ support and training in all IT & Telecomm systems used within the company.
- Implement new/improved computer applications for use within the company.
- Implement databases, spreadsheets and reports extracting and presenting data from existing IT systems.
- Maintenance of user login accounts including regular password updates and data access & security updates.
- Maintenance of Email accounts including archiving.
- Basic building maintenance and liaising with sub-contractors of air conditioning, electrical systems etc…
- Testing & debugging of computer hardware (PC’s, Servers, networking equipment, printers etc..) and software systems.
- Liaising with external hardware & software support sub-contractors.
- Liaising with staff members throughout the group.
- Deal with ‘sensitive’/confidential data in an appropriate manner.
- Any other tasks deemed suitable by the Operational Support Manager/Supervisor.
- Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
- Total hours per week: 37.00
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Used to handling busy, intense, fast moving environments whilst maintaining excellent accuracy.
- Good Working Knowledge of:
- Windows XP/Vista/Win7/Win10, and Mac Operating Systems.
- Windows Server 2003/2008, Linux CentOS
- Active Directory, DNS
- Application software including Microsoft Word/Excel/Access/Exchange/Outlook, Lotus Notes, Sage 200 & Sage CRM
- Understanding of basic Computer programming principals, ability to develop/write simple scripts and queries.
- Database systems, preferably but not essential SQL, Btrieve and Access.
- Backup solutions
- Installation and maintenance of modern computer hardware and peripherals including PC’s, Servers, Networking Hardware, printers etc…
- well presented
- hard working
- willing to learn