Operations Assistant Apprenticeship
Brief role description:
To provide a range of general office, administration, telephony, reception services and operational support to groups and individuals within the firm.
– Handle and process effectively all incoming calls in a timely, professional courteous and helpful manner.
– Welcome all clients and visitors to the firm in a timely, professional, courteous and helpful manner.
Undertake various routine administrative tasks such as:
– Photocopying and binding of documents and plans
-Routine maintenance and support of photocopies
-Scanning documents and Filing
-Stock control and replenishment of stationery and branded stationery items
-Deliveries to and collections from external organisations.
Post related duties including:
– Opening, processing, sorting and distributing all incoming post/DX
-Collecting, sorting and preparation of all outgoing post/DX
-Liaison with external courier services
-Taking deliveries by hand as and when required
-Forwarding faxes to the appropriate recipient
– Archiving and retrieval on information using appropriate systems.
-General facilities tasks (responsibility for the tidiness of your own work space and the general office environment including communal resource areas and kitchen facilities).
-To ensure the business lounge is maintained to the highest standards:
– Meeting rooms to be regularly checked and any defects are reported immediately
– Prepare and clear down meeting rooms before and after meetings; ad publications and newspapers to be kept up to date.
- Preparation/provision of refreshments and other catering requirements for meetings and visitors to the designated meeting room and at the time specified.
- Provide general support in a professional, courteous and helpful manner to internal staff and external clients.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client and other sensitive information whilst under your control.
- Assist with a wide range of administrative tasks.
- Demonstrate a willingness to undertake new tasks and duties and to work in to support other areas of the business as work peaks require,
- Any other tasks or duties reasonably requested to undertake and qualified to perform.
- Continuously seek opportunities to develop personal effectiveness
- High standard of interpersonal and communication skills, especially in the context of client service.
- Ability to perform effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to work flexibly and respond to a changing environment;
- Either have, be working towards or prepared to study NVQ level 2 in business administration or customer service;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and accurate keyboard skills;
- Ability to prioritise;
- Knowledge of the services which the firm delivers
- Full clean driving licence;
- Switchboard/call handling experience;
- Experience of working in a professional services environment;
- Uphold the Muckle values and act in accordance with the firm’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy;
- Contribute to a safe working environment by being aware of, and adhering to, the health and safety requirements in accordance with the firm’s health and safety policies;
- Build trust, credibility and confidence within the team and with clients;
- Collaborate across the firm;
- Show commitment to self-development;
- Be professional at all times with both clients and colleagues;
- Be friendly, helpful and approachable and to have a good sense of humour;
- Show enthusiasm;
- Be flexible, adaptable and reliable; and
- Maintain a smart and professional appearance appropriate to a professional services firm.
- Monday – Friday 9-5
- Total hours per week: 37.00