Software Developer Apprentice
We are looking for a full time person to carry out internal and client side development including managing incoming tickets from clients in a time orderly fashion. Knowledge of WordPress is essential as we build new websites using this system and have a range of existing websites to support.
The role will also include building/coding emails, which we send out for Marketing purposes. Some of these will be using templates we have already coded ourselves however sometimes we will purchase themes or require new emails to be coded manually. Knowledge of email coding and Email systems like MailChimp or MadMimi would be great however not necessary.
• Excellent WordPress knowledge with a history of building and maintaining websites.
• Good PHP knowledge, to support diagnosis of problems, and the build / maintenance of custom templates / themes.
• Joomla experience would be advantageous but not required.
• Experience of email marketing, terminology, management and implementation using:
• 1. MailChimp (Essential)
• 2. MadMimi (Preferred)
These include but are not limited to:
• Maintaining client WordPress sites with amends and core updates through WordPress or Joomla.
• Maintaining our client ticket system by handling replies and delegating requests.
• Keeping clients up to date with domain renewals
• Renewing domains and notifying the correct people
• Maintaining internal sites with amends and core updates through WordPress
• Building new emails that we send using HTML & CSS
• Sending emails via MailChimp or MadMimi
• Integrating with tracking software like Mouseflow, CANDII
• Analysing Google analytical reports to improve both website quality and user experience
• Learning new things like installing SSL certificates, plugins for websites etc…
• Keeping track of all of your tasks in a workflow and making sure deadlines are hit
• Liase with various teams in the office to help provide support on the websites
• Eye for detail
• Ability to work to deadlines and in a fast paced environment
• Keen to learn new things
• Problem solving