PURPOSE OF THE JOB
ITEC North East are looking to recruit a new Apprenticeship tutor. The post holder will be responsible for working closely with employers to deliver structured training to young people and adults who are undertaking an apprenticeship in Business Administration and/or an Information Technology apprenticeship and to ensure that through ongoing monitoring they are prepared for End Point Assessment.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Deliver all components of the apprenticeship delivery model that includes: initial assessment, induction, development of individual learning plans, delivery of the job component, training, assessment and learner reviews.
• Support the learner to develop the appropriate skills and knowledge to achieve their apprenticeship programme within the agreed timescale.
• Ensure functional skills (English, maths and where applicable IT) are embedded into the apprenticeship programme and learners who need to achieve functional skills qualifications receive the appropriate support and training.
• Record visits including a record of assessment decisions, feedback on learner’s standard of evidence and action for the next visit.
• Involve learner and employer in reviewing the learner’s progress towards completing their apprenticeship programme and developing the relevant occupational skills to meet the needs of their employer.
• Maintain up to date tracking records of each learner’s progress and produce progress reports for management
•Promote and encourage the learner to develop independent learning skills through the use of the companies’ virtual learning environment (Moodle).
• Provide ongoing advice and guidance to the learner at each stage of the learner journey and encourage them to consider training and education opportunities beyond their apprenticeship.
• Continue to develop self to ensure skills and knowledge is sufficiently up to date to effectively deliver apprenticeships delivery models.
• Maintain accurate continuous professional development records.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of ITEC NE’s virtual learning environment (Moodle) by developing and uploading training resources.
• Participate in standardisation meetings and promote good practice.
• Liaise with Programme Managers/ Head of Operations to plan and implement off the job training modules.
• Ensure all learners are safe throughout their programme and not subject to any form of harassment and/or discrimination.
• Ensure all company policies particularly with regard to equality and diversity, safeguarding and health and safety are implemented.
• Contribute to ensuring all learners are prepared for a successful life in modern Britain and that fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect are promoted.
This job description is intended as a guide to the main responsibilities of the post. It is in no way intended to restrict any individual in the performance of other duties within the general nature of the post as required by the company.
• Experience working with young people aged 16-18
• Experience delivering information, advice and guidance to young people and adults of careers and further education
• Team leading or management role
• Min 1 years’ experience delivering and assessing competence-based qualifications within a work-based learning environment.
• Occupational experience in Business and Administration and/or IT
• Experience delivering functional skills in maths, English and IT
· Knowledge of the OFSTED criteria and the role of OFSTED in maintaining standards within work-based learning.
• Duties and responsibilities of business roles both within the private and public sector.
• Knowledge of standards and delivery models in apprenticeships.
• Understand the difference between interim and summative assessment.
• Awarding bodies quality assurance requirements.
• Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding, equality and diversity and health safety legal requirements for organisations delivering post 16 training.
• Developing training resources and designing off the job lesson plans.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• IT skills including PowerPoint word and excel
• Ability to manage own caseload and performance manage learners accordingly.
• An adult teaching qualification at or above level 4
• Functional skills at maths, English and IT at or above level 2
• Hold current A1 or relevant assessor qualifications.
• Academic or professional qualification at or above level 3.
• Ability to prioritise work and operate with minimum supervision.
• Hold a full clean driving licence
|Job Category||ITEC Jobs|