Events Coordinator Apprentice
One of our clients are offering a fantastic opportunity to become their new Events Coordinator while completing a Business Administration Apprenticeship.
The potential candidate’s main responsibilities will consist off;
- To support the events department with administrative tasks as required and to complete in a timely fashion.
- Answering incoming events calls to set standards and ensuring directed to the correct person or acting upon any requests communicated, taking messages the absence of assistant events and events manager.
- Take inquiries following set guidelines and standards for all event, meeting, or functions.
- Take responsibility or allocated events, ensuring a professional service with attention to detail is offered, along with prompt and efficient responses to requests, and maintain a proficient business etiquette at all times.
- Main liaison for Christmas & New Year events in December, planning, organising and hosting on the selected evenings in the Hotel.
- Understands and aims to help in achieving monthly revenue targets
- Initiates purchase orders for specific items when required
- Prepares relevant daily/weekly paperwork for the events team including welcome packs, filing, daily charges, table plans and inputting of information in S&C
- To ensure high levels of communication to our guests throughout the hotel, ensuring all guests needs are met
- To liaise closely with Food and Beverage Departments with all matters relating to food and beverage production and service
- The Apprentice will help as required in compiling weekly collated function sheets and updating amendments as necessary
- They will have to attend and contribute to department and internal meetings as requested by the Resort Revenue Manager
- Assist with client hospitality/familiarisation visits as required
- To liaise and assist both the Operations and Accounts Departments with respect to queries relating to client invoicing details.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills both with guests and colleagues at all levels whilst maintaining a level of professionalism at all times
- Displays a positive “can do” attitude towards work and supports other team members when necessary
- Works flexibly to meet the demands of the business
- Participates willingly in organized training sessions within the hotel and own department
- Support all elements of the department including front of the house, resort desk & events to ensure a 5* standard is achieved at all times
- Tasks are subject to change if changes in business or departmental structure occur – this will be communicated to you should this be the case
- Ensures consistent brand integrity at all times throughout the resort
- Maintain the database ensuring contact details are up to date and to assist in the ongoing direct marketing campaigns
- When required, to make inquiries in a professional and courteous manner and enter client details on to the inquiry form following our service scan and standard
- Processes inquiries into the system and input information onto the Event report
- Send out information to prospective clients in a timely manner to confirm inquiry details
- When required to liaise with guests to ensure all requirements and information is correct and up to date
- Attends and assists with Exhibition Events/Special Projects if required
- To ensure all systems and diaries are kept up to date at all times
- Assist in the upkeep of Opera and Sales & Catering to ensure no duplicate profiles and relevant information is correct in the system
- Track competitors and ensure no direct competition for events
Health & Safety:
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy ensuring all tasks are completed in compliance with the data protection act
- Assists with implementation of the Company Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensures that any potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire procedure.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Maintains own working area, keeping materials clean, tidy and in good shape and reports any defective materials and equipment to the Manager.
- Ensures the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct within the department.
For more information about Business Administration Apprenticeships please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/apprenticeships/.
To look at other vacancies we have available please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/vacancies/.