Business Administration Apprenticeship
ITEC North East are assisting Primary Healthcare Darlington in their search for a Business Administration Apprentice. As a Business Administration Apprentice with Primary Healthcare Darlington, you will perform a wide range of administrative duties.
The Business Administration Apprentice will be responsible for providing support directly to the Board of Directors and Management Team on behalf of the organisation. The jobholder is responsible for ensuring that support functions are carried out effectively and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Patient facing responsibilities:
• Deal with general enquiries from patients and the general public.
• Make appointments for patients to see doctor, nurse and other clinical staff.
• Dealing with patients and contacts within the NHS and GP practices, both in person and on the telephone.
• Monitor flow of patients into the waiting room, ensuring the appointment system accurately reflects the arrival of patients.
• To perform routine office duties to include; post, file management, photocopying, scanning and generic emails.
• Possess a good level of IT skills and working knowledge in all MS Office programmes, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• To produce documents using Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. to a professional standard.
• To undertake ad hoc project work to meet operational needs.
• Flexible working when required for cover for absences and help with extraordinary workloads.
• To support the aims and objectives of PhD and contribute to the ongoing development of the company as required.
• To undertake any other task/duties as may be reasonably required.
Meetings and events:
• Attend staff meetings
• To arrange meetings and maintain diaries, including finding available dates from all attendees, arranging venues, book facilities/equipment and refreshments. This includes regular meetings as well as larger-scale workshops and events. Some occasional evening support may be required.
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s including Maths and English at grades A-C (or predicted)
- Good communication skills
- The ability and willingness to learn quickly
- A helpful and professional approach
For more information about Business Administration Apprenticeships please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/apprenticeships/.
To look at other vacancies we have available please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/vacancies/.
You can find out more information on the level 3 qualification at https://www.cityandguilds.com/~/media/cityandguilds-site/documents/apprenticeships/emerging/new%20factsheets/j410687_new_factsheet_business_administrator_210318%20pdf.ashx.