Business Administration Apprenticeship
High Tunstall College is actively looking to recruit a Business Administration Apprentice to join their Administration team. As an Apprentice with High Tunstall College, you will perform a wide range of administrative tasks throughout your Apprenticeship.
Under the guidance and direction of teaching staff and/or senior colleagues:
- Undertake first-day contacts of parent/carers
- Provide information regarding pupil/family circumstances to senior colleagues and schools to enable the planning of appropriate interventions
- Follow through incomplete registrations and reasons for absence
- Escort children to and from lessons as necessary
- Support the school in the application of non-attendance procedures and carry out administrative tasks where necessary
- Access and update computerised records/management information systems and attendance databases to support work carried out
- Undertake typing, letter writing, word-processing and other IT-based tasks
- Undertake routine administration
- Operate office equipment e.g photocopier, computer
- Daily text messaging to parents/carers
- Monitor lesson registers/follow up absences, contact parent/carers as necessary
- Contact parent/carers for student illness during the school day
- Attend to the students’ personal needs, and provide advice to assist in their social, health and hygiene development
- Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model
- Provide information and advice to enable students to make choices about their own learning/behaviour/attendance
- Challenge and motivate students, promote and reinforce self-esteem
- Liaise with feeder secondary schools and other relevant bodies to gather student information
- Be responsible for keeping and updating records as agreed with other staff, contributing to reviews of systems/records as requested
- Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers, exchanging information, facilitating their support for their son/daughters attendance, access and learning and support home to college and community links
- Clerical/admin support e.g dealing with correspondence, compilation/analysis/reporting on attendance, exclusion etc.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written
- Pleasant and competent telephone manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good IT and typing skill
- Good organisational Skills
- Willingness to work and be part of a busy team
- Good communicator
For more information about Business Administration Apprenticeships please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/apprenticeships.
To look at all of our other vacancies please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/vacancies.
You can find out more information on the level 3 qualification at https://www.cityandguilds.com/qualifications-and-apprenticeships/business-skills/business-admin-and-public-services/3473-level-3-diploma-for-the-business-administrator#tan=information.