Business Administration Apprenticeship
Woodlands Family Medical Centre is looking to recruit a new Business Administration Apprentice. Within the role, you will Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the practice.
- Greeting patients politely and ensuring the appointment system is run efficiently, monitor the flow of patients to and from consulting rooms, managing queues through telephone and face to face interaction.
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
- Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed.
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Divert calls and take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
- Enter requests for home visits into the visit book, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to Duty Doctor.
- Action repeat prescription requests and ensure that they are ready for collection by the patient within 48 hours, either on the computer or manually.
- Enter patient information on to the computer as required.
- Maintain a supply of relevant stationery to keep consulting rooms stocked.
- Keep reception areas clean and tidy.
- Handle specimens as per practice protocol.
- Ensure patients have access to any relevant leaflets, support groups, carers association etc.
- Undertake any other additional duties appropriate to the post as requested by the Partners or the Practice Manager.
The post-holder should recognize the importance of effective communication within the team and will strive to:
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognize people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly.
Contribution to the Implementation of Services:
The post-holder will:
- Apply practice policies, standards and guidance
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work
- Participate in audit where appropriate.
For more information about Business Administration Apprenticeships please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/apprenticeships/.
To look at other vacancies we have available please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/vacancies/.
You can find out more information on the level 3 qualification at https://www.cityandguilds.com/qualifications-and-apprenticeships/business-skills/business-admin-and-public-services/3473-level-3-diploma-for-the-business-administrator#tab=information.