Primary Healthcare Darlington
Looking for a new opportunity? Always wanted to work within our fantastic NHS? Look no further, we are excited to announce Primary Health Care are looking for their next Apprentice to join their busy team.
- Patient facing responsibilities
- Deal with general enquiries from patients and general public.
- Make appointments for patients to see doctor, nurse and other clinical staff.
- Dealing with patients and contacts within the NHS and GP practices, both in person and on the telephone.
- Monitor flow of patients into the waiting room, ensuring the appointment system accurately reflects the arrival of patients.
- To perform routine office duties to include; post, file management, photocopying, scanning and generic emails.
- Possess a good level of IT skills and a working knowledge in all MS Office programmes, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- To produce documents using Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc. to a professional standard.
- To undertake ad hoc project work to meet operational needs.
- Flexible working when required for cover for absences and help with extraordinary workloads.
- To support the aims and objectives of PHD and contribute to the ongoing development of the company as required.
- To undertake any other task/duties as may be reasonably required.
Meetings and events
- Attend staff meetings
- To arrange meetings and maintain diaries, including finding available dates from all attendees, arranging venues, book facilities/equipment and refreshments. This includes regular meetings as well as larger scale workshops and events. Some occasional evening support maybe required.
- Take minutes at formal and informal meetings, where the need for accuracy particularly the recording of decisions is very important. This involves a preparation of agendas, dissemination of papers in advance of the meeting, taking notes at the meeting and producing draft minutes for final approval, including follow up actions where necessary and clarifying decisions in certain circumstances.
- You may be required to represent PHD at meetings to establish key contacts and build firm working relationships. Support good, effective working relations with client and key stakeholders (both internal and external) across the business. This may involve travel across the country (UK).
Information, data analysis and reporting
- You will be required to collate and interpret data for the purpose of reporting to internal, external customers and key stakeholders.
- Inputting, monitoring and checking data, required for finite and ongoing projects within the teams.
- Working with all team members in the collection of information for performance reporting on relevant team projects.
- Running and collating reports which may include reports to the Board and Management Team as required.
- Support the production of progress/highlight reports for projects/key work streams
Planning and organising
- To manage a demanding and reactive workload in a responsive way.
- Support Directors and Management Team in aiding general support for project planning and management.
- To work autonomously and in a proactive manner, identifying problems and proposing solutions and alternative courses of action.
- Possess excellent organisation skills and to complete work in a timely and accurate manner.
- To provide support in tender submissions and bid writing producing information in a timely manner whilst achieving tight deadlines.
- To support mobilisation/demobilisation coordination for new contracts.
- Ensuring all urgent and/or confidential communications are received and distributed from/to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Acting as a point of contact for teams, dealing and responding effectively with complex queries from stakeholders and passing on relevant information to appropriate team members sensitively and autonomously.
- Taking telephone calls for the Directors and management team when out of the office and expected to use their initiative to deal with phone calls and messages.
- To undertake word processing and email correspondence as required (this may be confidential and may be complex in nature).
- To co-ordinate incoming (including open, sort and distribute post and ensure despatch of outgoing post) and outgoing correspondence/mail, taking appropriate action to record, track, progress and prioritise work, composing correspondence on own initiative as required.
- To develop and maintain accurate and up to date distribution lists across large groups of stakeholders.
- Be conversant with the roles of all staff within PHD and occasionally with colleagues internal or external to the organisation.
- Communicate effectively with other team members
- Communicate effectively with patients and carers
- Recognise people’s needs for alternative methods of communication and respond accordingly
Information technology, governance and management systems
- Have a working knowledge of IT software and hardware relevant to role.
- Have a clear understanding of telephone systems.
- To ensure correct office management systems are maintained in line with the procedures defined.
- To assist in the management of files, stationery and equipment as required.
- Have a clear understanding of how to resolve simple problems with PCs and printers.
- Understand own role and scope in the organisation.
- Work as an effective and responsible team member, supporting others.
- Accept delegation from the management team, prioritise own workload and ensure effective time management strategies are embedded in own practice.
- Participate in team activities that create opportunities to improve services
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately.
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this job description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, company staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the company as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential.
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the company may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the company policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data.
The post-holder will participate in any training programme implemented by the company as part of this employment, such training to include:
- Participation in an annual individual performance review, including taking responsibility for maintaining a record of own personal and/or professional development
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills and activities to others who are undertaking similar work
The post-holder will strive to maintain quality within the company, and will:
- Alert other team members to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions, either directly or under supervision
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by reflecting on own and team activities and making suggestions on ways to improve and enhance the team’s performance
- Work effectively with individuals in other agencies to meet patient needs
- Effectively manage own time, workload and resources
Contribution to the Implementation of Services
The post-holder will:
- Apply company policies, standards and guidance
- Discuss with other members of the team how the policies, standards and guidelines will affect own work
- Participate in audit where appropriate
- Computer literate
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Hard working
Minimum of 3 GCSEs (or equivalent), including English and maths.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional skills if required
Via your ITEC tutor and on-the-job training, you’ll get the opportunity to learn:
- Record and document production
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organisation
- Project management
- Relevant regulation
- Business fundamentals
- External environment factors
Salary: £9380.00 per year