ITEC North East are assisting BW Magazine in their search for a Business Administrator Apprentice. As a Business Administrator apprentice with BW Magazine, you will have an exciting opportunity to work and develop your career with this long-standing, well-respected company.
• Keeping a distribution list up to date with the Magazines clients
• Keeping a spreadsheet populated with distribution details of all clients on where to send details to
• You must be confident on the telephone and have a nice telephone manner as you will be required to make outgoing calls to the businesses to update details on where to send free copies of their magazine.
• It would be advantageous that you are familiar with PowerPoint, excel and outlook.
• You will learn how to manage diaries for any meetings including Zoom meetings.
• You will be responsible for reordering the stationery and keeping an eye on the stock to replenish when necessary
• We currently use DPD for the delivery of our magazines and you will become familiar with booking DPD and how to arrange the deliveries
Currently BW Magazines have 2 magazines, one in Hull and the other in Worcestershire and the Black Country, they are very much looking for someone who can grow with their business with a view to full time employment. You will be part of some exciting new magazines in new areas.
Next year you will have to opportunity to travel with the company to some great events across mainly the hospitality industry and get the chance to meet with people you deal with on a daily basis. This will be fully expensed by the magazine but also you do not have to go if this is a part of the business you don’t want to get involved in.
Strong time management and organisational skills
Computer skills (MS Office)
Impeccable written and verbal communications skills
• Enthusiastic; • Hardworking and can demonstrate initiative; • Organised; • The ability to complete assigned tasks effectively and promptly; • A cheerful personality; • Adaptable and accommodating; • A smart and tidy appearance; • Good attention to detail; • IT competent, particularly with reference to the use of Word and Excel.
Possibility of a permanent position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.