A great opportunity to join our team as a patient support advisor. Based in Darlington, you will be a key member of our team. The role involves booking appointments, communicating with patients and general administration.
Duties will include:
Appointment Book/ Treatment
• To welcome patients and visitors and direct them to the appropriate area.
• Arrive and complete patient appointments correctly.
• To notify patient’s if the clinician is running late.
• To schedule appointments in person or by telephone, liaising with the provider where necessary in accordance with Clinic policy.
• To contact patient’s who have missed appointments within 10minutes of their appointment time and update treating clinician.
• To monitor the diary in the morning and afternoon for any ‘Gaps’ and update
clinicians/treatment co-ordinator as needed.
• Confirming of appointments.
• Run and action no show report on a daily basis.
• Ensure all letters are printed and confirmed by the end of each day.
• To address mail daily, out mail to be franked, in mail to be given to admin team.
• Address and action patient check in messages.
• Ensure ALL patient personal details are checked verbally at each attended
appointment and updated as needed.
• Collect patient charges in accordance with the Clinic policy.
• Balance all monies received at the end of each day: Ensure monies are held securely until banked: Complete records ready for banking.
• Ensure patient contracts are set up correctly, deposit is taken, and a direct debit form is completed. A patient is never to leave the building without a contract in place.
Ensure emails for Braces and NHS accounts are checked frequently and dealt with
accordingly throughout the day. Emails should never be left for the following day.
• To action new patient enquiries as they arrive.
• Ensure all patient information is correct and all categories must be completed and correct.
• Receive and redirect all incoming calls as appropriate
• Provide an efficient and confidential communication link between dentists and patients, to pass on messages through phone and computer system and walkie talkies.
• To maintain reception as a welcoming, pleasing and orderly area.
• Sell sundry healthcare products to patients/staff, giving advice where necessary in accordance with Clinic policy and with recommendations from clinical staff.
• Maintain stocks of healthcare sundries either ensure stock is ordered as necessary.
• To be aware of Health and Safety considerations with respect to patients and staff in the reception and access areas of the Clinic and ensure that all actions adhere to the Health and Safety Policy of the Clinic.
• Wherever possible, to anticipate patient’s anxieties and to answer questions referring to clinician/ manager for further assistance if necessary.
• Handle Complaints in accordance with the Clinic Complaints Procedure(s) both Private and NHS.
• To follow Clinic Health & Safety codes in all aspects including resuscitation, emergency procedures and fire drill.
• Liaise with dental laboratories as required
• To attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR.
• To undergo training as may be required to develop your skills and abilities
• To carry out any other duties requested by the employer, reception manager or Clinic manager to ensure that patients receive a high quality of patient care. To be flexible with your duties to ensure the smooth running of the Clinic.
- Good communicator – written and verbal
- Well presented
- Good interpersonal skills / Pleasant telephone manner
- Able to deal with a wide range of visitors and learners in a polite and friendly way.
- Friendly personality
- Keen/ motivated/ enthusiastic
- Well organised
GCSEs in English and maths at grade A-C / 9-4 or equivalent.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills if required
Via your ITEC tutor and on-the-job training, you’ll get the opportunity to learn:
- Record and document production
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organisation
- Project management
- Relevant regulation
- Business fundamentals
- External environment factors
Salary: £9380 per year