£8385.00 Per Year
Brief overview of the role
First point of contact for a defined list of customers. Handle order requests, queries and help deliver excellent customer service. Ensure accurate and timely recharge of additional costs.
- Handle customer order requests and provide accurate and timely information about services, lead times and costs.
- Keep customers informed of any impact or changes to their orders as soon as possible and in the case of delays, provide alternative options and costs with the communication.
- Ensure key events of the transports are communicated immediately such as load and delivery confirmations.
- Through the creation of an order, ensure all the required details are captured in the system and communicate key requirements to other internal departments to ensure all customer requests are met.
- Through the kickback report and review of the jobs after completion, review, advise the customer and recharge all applicable additional costs.
- Review and monitor templates against completed orders to ensure all necessary instructions are available for relevant parties. Review complaints and implement safeguards to avoid repeated issues. Highlight to Team Leader any costs repeatedly incurred that are unrecoverable.
- Monitor OTIF performance by customer and provide improvement plans to achieve consistent high score.
- Excellent communication with both customers and colleagues and the ability to develop relationships both internally and externally.
- Competent in the use of I.T. system, outlook, excel etc.
- Some geographical knowledge
- Reasonable level of mathematics and ability to perform basic calculations
- Previous roles in customer service or within logistics industry
- Experience of advising and recharge costs
- History of growing and developing relationships with customers
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Communicate with various departments to achieve common goals
- Able to withstand high pressure situations
- Willing to travel and on occasion, work unsociable hours
GCSEs at grade C/4 or above in maths and English (or equivalent).
Training to be provided
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Via your ITEC tutor and on-the-job training, you’ll get the opportunity to learn:
- Record and document production
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organisation
- Project management
- Relevant regulation
- External environment factors