Head Of Operations
ITEC has celebrated over 30 years of educational excellence as a training provider with the ESFA, delivering a portfolio of vocational (including apprenticeships) and accredited training programmes across the North East.
Due to the rapid expansion of the business, we are seeking to recruit a Head of Operations to fulfil the dual role of managing the companies training services and business development. This post offers the right candidate an exciting chance to build on existing great practices whilst developing and building new innovative training solutions for a number of growth sectors.
Based at our head office at Newton Aycliffe the successful candidate will play a key role working alongside the Managing Director in shaping the strategic direction of the company and lead on the implementation of the new apprenticeship standards. The ideal candidate will be passionate, dynamic and driven with the relevant experience and knowledge of ESFA funding rules for apprenticeships, AEB and knowledge of ESF funded provision.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The post holder will have two key areas of responsibility. Firstly, the management and development of the curriculum for all training programmes delivered by ITEC NE including Apprenticeships, Adult Education Budget (AEB) and European Social Fund (ESF) training courses.
Secondly, the management of the Business Development department within ITEC NE, involving the engagement of employers and recruitment of young people and adults onto a range of government and ESF training courses including apprenticeships.
In addition, the post holder will be a member of the senior management team and support the Managing Director on shaping the future strategy of the business and driving through continuous improvement.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Ensure scheme of work, delivery models and lesson plans are created and constantly updated for all training programmes delivered by ITEC NE.
- Ensure a blended learning model is fully implemented for apprenticeships and ensure all apprentices receive the minimum 20% off the job training.
- Ensure e-learning and other remote learning tools (Moodle and adobe connect) are fully developed to create flexible delivery models.
- Manage the transition from apprenticeship frameworks to apprenticeship standards.
- Work with Head of Performance to create meaningful and realistic performance targets and agree on strategies to increase performance in any underperforming category.
- Manage the performance of all staff to ensure agreed performance targets are achieved within the agreed timescale.
- Address areas of underperformance through effective coaching and mentoring.
- Create a performance culture while at the same time ensuring the highest standards of teaching and learning is being achieved.
- Liaise with the Quality Manager to ensure agreed recommendations from quality assurance reports are fully implemented and evaluated.
- Work with the Head of Performance and Quality Manager to ensure a comprehensive annual self-assessment report is produced along with a quality improvement report that drives through continuous improvement.
- Ensure agreed quality standards are adhered to and that accurate records of learner’s progress and performance are accurately recorded.
- Manage staffing resources including the recruitment and development of all teaching and business development staff.
- Undertake monthly one to one performance review meetings and regular team meetings.
- Ensure annual staff appraisal interviews are undertaken and staff maintain their continuous professional development records.
- Provide ongoing staff training and one to one coaching to ensure staff have the skills and knowledge to deliver high-quality apprenticeships and accredited training courses.
- Work with the Head of Performance in the development and implementation of a marketing strategy and ensure ITEC NE’s profile with employers and potential learners are maximized.
- Engage with companies throughout the North East to help them identify their training needs and develop training plans to up-skill existing workforce and future recruitment needs.
- Oversee the management of the Business Development team to ensure recruitment targets are achieved for each category and that recruitment and employee engagement strategies are focused on key growth areas.
- Deputise for the Managing Director in her absence and represent ITEC NE at network meetings and other sector related conventions.
- Work with the Head of Performance to produce reports for the quarterly Board of Directors meeting and senior management team meetings.
- Ensure all company policies particularly with regard to equality and diversity, safeguarding and health and safety are implemented.
- Contribute to ensuring all apprentices are prepared for a successful life in modern Britain and that fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect are promoted.
- Ensure the government’s Prevent strategy is implemented by embedding Prevent awareness training into lesson plans.
Relevant work experience – Essential
- A minimum of five years’ experience of managing at a senior level either within an FE college or Independent Training Provider.
- Implemented strategies to change apprenticeship delivery models from frameworks to standards.
- Produced or contributed to the production of an annual self-assessment report and quality improvement plan.
- Managed multi-functional teams covering both training delivery and marketing/sales.
- Directly involved in an OFSTED inspection.
- Working at a senior level across an organisation involving interaction with college principal/deputy principal or Managing Director.
- Engagement within employers at a senior level for both levy and non-levy paying employers.
Relevant work experience – Desirable
- Developing corporate strategies for employer engagement.
- Producing written reports and delivering presentations to governing boards.
- Nominee at an OFSTED inspection
Knowledge – Essential
- Apprenticeship delivery models for both frameworks and standards.
- A range of funding streams for adult training and apprenticeships including the Skills Funding Agency, Adult Education Budget and European Social Fund.
- Familiar with the internal quality assurance arrangements required by awarding bodies.
- Understands the End Point Assessment Process and the requirements of End Point Assessment organisations.
- Knowledge of the OFSTED criteria and the role of OFSTED in maintaining standards within work-based learning.
- SFA guidance for apprenticeship and AEB delivery.
Knowledge – Desirable
- Understand the funding criteria for apprenticeships and classroom-based learning.
Skills – Essential
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- IT skills including PowerPoint, word and excel.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to staff on their performance, quality of their delivery of training and assessment of qualifications.
- Produce evaluative reports on performance and quality of delivery.
- Excellent presentation skills when presenting to a wide cross-section of the business community.
Qualifications – Essential
- Qualified to degree level.
Qualifications – Desirable
- Management qualification
- Adult teaching qualification.
- Internal verifier awards
Personal attributes – Essential
- Ability to prioritise work and operate with minimum supervision.
Other – Essential
- Hold a full clean driving licence
Applicants should provide a C.V and covering letter by Monday 18th March 2019 at 12 noon.
Send application and cover letter to email@example.com.
If you have not been contacted by Friday 22nd March 2019 you will not have been successful in progressing to the next stage of the recruitment process
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £45,000.00 /year
|Job Category||ITEC Jobs|