Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
ITEC North East are assisting Abyte Solutions in their search for an IT Infrastructure Apprentice. As an IT Infrastructure Apprentice with Abyte Solutions, you will perform a wide range of Infrastructure duties throughout your apprenticeship.
- Good work Ethic
- Excellent time management skills
- Be able to take direction but also able to use their own initiative
- Can-do attitude
- Keen interest in IT
The role will include:
- Analysis and Investigation of problems
- Repair, substitution or replacement of faulty hardware as necessary
- Repair, installation, reinstallation or reprogram of software as necessary
- Testing and error checking of solutions
- Backup of data is necessary in order to restore functionality
- Provide recommendations as necessary for the general health of the equipment
- Provide technical documentation and/or materials upon request or as necessary
- Follow-up with Customer after the solution has been implemented
- May include running networking and telecom wires including ceilings and wall runs. Also may require working with telecom technicians in order to facilitate networking solutions.
- May include installing physical equipment (i.e. networking patch panels, or racks or rack enclosures or hub stations) on, under or above workstations, server rooms and/or specifically designed furniture.
- Mechanical knowledge of tools for drywall and construction is recommended.
- Transportation of equipment (including pickup and drop off to 3rd parties if necessary)
- Full 5 step reporting for all incidents (internal database is driven) and Follow-up calls to clients as necessary
- Carry /lift tools & equipment including but not limited to toolboxes, ladders, computers and equipment such as monitors, display panels or small TV’s, laptops, servers or UPS units
• Must have excellent English communication skills in both written and verbal forms
• Must be willing to work non-standard business hours including in some cases late evenings and/or weekend and/or holidays.
If you would like to read up on more information about IT Infrastructure Apprenticeships please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/apprenticeships/.
To look at other vacancies we have available please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/vacancies/.
You can also find out more information about the Infrastructure Apprenticeship at http://bit.ly/2H0o5Da.