ITEC North East
ITEC North East are seeking to recruit an IT Apprenticeship Tutor to plan and successfully deliver primarily the IT Support (Information Communication Technician) apprenticeship standard. Working with apprentices and employers on the apprenticeship programme, you will be expected to deliver high quality training sessions that inspire and engage. You will work with apprentices and employers across the learner journey from induction to completion.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Motivate and inspire learners to promote achievement and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Be able to deliver engaging sessions using both a classroom model and remote technologies.
- Plan and deliver effective training sessions for diverse groups or individuals in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Ensure additional support needs are identified and early interventions put in place to enable retention and achievement of apprentices.
- Promote the benefits of technology and support learners in its use.
- Address the English and maths needs of learners and work creatively to overcome individual barriers to learning.
- Enable learners to share responsibility for their own learning and assessment, setting goals that stretch and challenge.
- Apply appropriate and fair methods of assessment and provide constructive and timely feedback to support progression and achievement.
- Maintain and update your teaching / training expertise, vocational competence and digital skills.
- Contribute to organisational development and quality improvement through collaboration with others.
- To initially assess learners’ starting points and monitor their progress, set challenging tasks and objectives, and build on and extend learning for all learners.
- To support learners to develop personal, social and employability skills in order for them to progress into further learning or jobs that meet local and national needs.
- Engagement with learners and their employers once enrolled onto an apprenticeship course to ensure learners are retained on programmes and have a good relationship with their employer from the outset.
- Contributing to marketing activities in relation to learners on the business social media platforms.
- Delivering additional short courses where capacity allows to meet business demand.
- Working to promote and apply ITEC NE Safeguarding and Safer Recruitment Policy following Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity company procedures and policies.
- Contributing to ensuring our employers and learners are prepared for a successful life in modern Britain and that fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect are promoted.
|Relevant work experience||Recent experience of teaching in a further education setting. Recent experience of curriculum planning and delivery. Recent experience of curriculum resource creation.||Experience of planning and delivering apprenticeship programmes. Experience of embedding Maths and English into the curriculum.|
|Knowledge||Knowledge of Infrastructure Technician / Information Communication apprenticeship standards. Knowledge of IT maintenance and upgrading. Knowledge of safeguarding legislation. Comprehensive understanding of equality and diversity legislation.||Knowledge and experience of delivering Software Developer or Network Engineer apprenticeship standards.|
|Skills||Ability to use IT effectively. Ability to create innovative resources. Experience of using remote delivery technologies.||Experience of using virtualisation technologies. Experience of using Google Classroom / Office 365 / Moodle.|
|Qualifications||A recognised teaching qualification Minimum level 2 Maths and English||PGCE qualification Degree or equivalent professional qualification in an IT subject area. Cisco or Microsoft qualifications.|
|Personal attributes||Ability to work on own and show initiative Confident and professional in one to one situations with learners and employers Commitment to personal development. Team player.|
|Other||Holds a clean driving licence Access to a vehicle|
The post will be offered subject to an enhanced DBS check and two references.
Salary: £28,000 starting (negotiable based upon experience)