IT Infrastructure Apprenticeship
Trinity Catholic College is looking to recruit a new IT Infrastructure Apprentice to assist with the busy workload of the college. As an Apprentice with Trinity Catholic College, you will perform a wide range of Infrastructure tasks throughout your Apprenticeship.
- To be responsible for the content migration & creation of trust websites.
- To assist the ICT support team in the day to day maintenance of the Academies ICT systems.
- To investigate reported faults, support requests along with the ICT team members to take action on these requests where directed.
- To support the use of the academy Help Desk system under the supervision of the ICT Network Manager.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the trust.
- Set up equipment such as laptops, data projectors, interactive whiteboards, sound systems and other ICT equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating correctly.
1. Website Development & Maintenance
- Migrating existing websites into WordPress from an existing template
- Updating existing websites
- Manipulating, editing and uploading images to the websites
- Providing basic support to schools with the day to day running of their websites
2. Desktop & Application Support
- Assist with the maintenance of common hardware found in school; install software where directed and troubleshoot basic problems.
- Assist with the maintenance, upgrade and repair a wide range of PCs and peripherals including printing systems, network-attached scanners, and mobile wireless devices.
- Assist with the detection, and diagnose/resolve PC, peripheral and application errors.
3. Server & Network Support
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of standard network cabling; perform basic diagnostic routines on network equipment.
- Perform routine tasks to maintain user accounts and permissions, where directed by the ICT Team.
- Carry out password resets of student user accounts and generating new accounts when necessary following the academy username policy.
- Good IT skills
- Analytical and attentive to detail
- Friendly but professional manner towards staff and student
- A strong interest in I.T.
- An interest in beginning a career in I.T. solutions
- Creative and good attention to detail
If you would like to read up on more information about IT Infrastructure Apprenticeships please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/apprenticeships/.
To look at other vacancies we have available please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/vacancies/.
You can also find out more information about the Infrastructure Apprenticeship at http://bit.ly/2H0o5Da.