The role will be based in the IT Solutions Department of our Durham office on Belmont Industrial Estate – ideally you will be able to travel throughout the North East to service our customers as and where necessary.
As an IT apprentice, you will work closely with the IT team to deliver IT, hardware and software support and assistance to the company IT users and its customers. In this role you will learn a wide and varied range of IT skills to allow you to get to a point where you are able to repair and/or implement different solutions with minimal or no supervision.
- 1st line support
- PC/Laptop/Printer Installation, Repair and Maintenance
- Maintaining security – networks and computer
- Ensuring maintenance contracts are kept up to date
- Telecommunication installation and fault diagnosing
- Setting up and managing user accounts
- Speak to both internal and external customers
- Ability to perform upgrades and patches to computer software
- Daily backups
- Running of network cables and network configuration
- Use remote desktop software to give support remotely to customers