IT Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
Brief overview of the role
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with a keen interest in pursuing a career as an IT Technician/Help Desk Technician/First- and Second-Line Support/Applications Developer.
To provide technical support to staff and students within the Academy IT infrastructure. To help them to be productive when using technology in their daily roles, by using tools to problem solve and rectify issues to maintain the organisations productivity.
Responsible to: Network Managers.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Installation, configuration and imaging of computers, laptops and Chromebooks
- User Account Management on various IT systems including Active Directory
- Maintaining computer assets and the asset register
- Supporting Cloud based systems – Office 365/Google
- IT Hardware upgrades/repairs
- Print Management Software, and projector maintenance
- Provide front line support and services to both students and staff
- Provide support to teaching staff preparing IT workshops for hardware/software/remote learning projects
- To perform any technical and administration related tasks as requested by the Computer Network Managers
- An interest in associated media would be very beneficial. In this respect, we are specifically looking for a candidate willing to support us with content management, website management and digital signage
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work with people of all ages
- Experience of maintaining IT hardware and software
- Flexible approach
- Enjoy working with people of all ages
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Possibility of a permanent position upon the completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Do not contact the company directly. If you have any queries, please contact ITEC North East on the contact details provided.