Are you looking for a competitive Apprenticeship salary of £15K per annum and excellent progression opportunities? Lindy are excited to announce they are looking for their next apprentice which follows the success of their previous apprentices who were also recruited by ITEC North East.
You will work closely with the Senior IT Support Specialist on any relevant projects linked to the install, modification, and maintenance of the Lindy hardware and software systems, network and telephone infrastructure, cabling, server administration, as well as providing technical assistance and training (as needed) to system users.
- Ensuring support calls are logged and managed within Lindys SLA‘s
- Installs specified/approved software packages for use by system users such as OS, Internet Browser, MS Office, Anti-Virus Software, and any other software as determined by Senior IT Support Specialist.
- Installs/Troubleshoot workstation hardware and peripheral components for system users such as monitors, keyboards, printers.
- Installs/Troubleshoot network/ telephone infrastructure, with the guidance and support of the Senior IT Support Specialist.
- Setup and implementation of new starters with IT equipment, as per the company’s standard configurations.
- Upgrade hardware/software as necessary on any company device based with approval from Senior IT Support Specialist.
- Create periodic instructions for users in regard to equipment, software, and guides.
- Manage and support video conferencing and IT needs in meeting rooms and company meetings.
- Provide update, status, and completion information to the manager in reference to task/projects that are assigned.
- Monitor inventories of all IT equipment / software and arranging re-ordering as necessary.
- Ensure data integrity through network security and an appropriate backup system
- Ensure that incidents and requests are handled according to agreed procedures. Anticipate, investigate, and resolve problems in systems and services. Coordinate the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures and analyze patterns and trends.
- Maintaining good working relationships with IT suppliers and support companies.
- To continually maintain the accuracy of all data entered and output from the company’s computer systems, and to ensure that ISO9001 procedures and policies are adhered to
- To provide IT support for other departments and group members.
- To ensure active part is taken in assessing what is going well and what needs improvement and barriers removing in the IT Team.
- Have a focus on exceptional customer experience.
- Communicate with staff during major incidents
- Any other duties as assigned by Senior IT Support Specialist.
- Good working knowledge of application software including Microsoft 365
- Good knowledge of cloud-based phone systems and technologies
- Knowledge of IT security infrastructure and implementation
- Working knowledge of installation and maintenance of computer hardware and peripherals
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new advances in computer technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot a multitude of hardware and software problems
- Exercises judgment and creativity in selecting and applying procedures correctly, and determines when to refer problems to the Senior IT Support Specialist
- Ability to use rational and logical thought processes to draw up and implement IT and general solutions
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Manages time effectively
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- GCSE’s at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Technical Certificate
- Day release class
Salary: £15,000 per year