A fantastic opportunity has been developed for an IT Support apprentice. Within this role, you will be the main point of contact for all IT related issues within the organisation and supporting the IT infrastructure of the organisation.
Duties will include:
IT (ICT access and operating systems)
- To be the main point of contact for all IT related issues within the organisation, setting up IT equipment for new starters, deleting timely leaver information and providing support to colleagues to resolve IT queries and build their ability to use the systems effective.
- Investigating any reported issues with IT or system performance, reliability, capacity, and security to the ICT and Business Transformation Officer, where a first fix is not possible or has failed.
- Enable any issues to be dealt with before they impact on the services provided.
- Provide network, system and service administration through training and supporting others to perform such tasks.
- Enabling access to systems, information and resources when required and where authorised, maintaining the security of data by managing access to systems.
- Integrate new hardware, systems, services, and processes to support Five Lamps objectives
- Responsible for the set-up, monitoring and auditing of company IT equipment, including mobile telephones in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintaining the IT Asset Register, ensuring value for money and correct disposal of assets
- Undertaking project work / researching and implementing new technologies. Fact finding and performing the technical leg work to determine and make recommendations for new ideas and technological improvements.
- Managing the ordering and servicing of ICT solutions across the business and any related technical issues.
- Successful completion of a Level 3 ICT qualification linked to your Apprenticeship.
- To always maintain the highest standards of organisational and customer confidentiality.
- To be an ambassador for Five Lamps values and behaviours
- To demonstrate a commitment towards your own continuous personal development
- To monitor and maintain quality throughout the different areas of the service in relation to the external quality standards and inspection bodies and organisations.
- To implement Five Lamps’ policies on Health and Safety, Data Protection and Equal Opportunities always
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be reasonably required within the scope of the post.
- Good communicator – written and verbal
- Well presented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with a wide range of visitors and learners in a polite and friendly way.
- Friendly personality
- Keen/ motivated/ enthusiastic
- Well organised
GCSEs in English and maths at grade A-C / 9-4 or equivalent.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard:
- Functional Skills if required
Salary: £7984 per year