Become an IT Support apprentice and develop your all round knowledge and skills in a real world environment. In this role you will be maintaining computer systems and networks, installing and configuring IT hardware and providing customer support.
Duties will include:
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Talking staff or clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Replacing parts as required;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
- Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
- Good communicator – written and verbal
- Well presented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to deal with a wide range of visitors and learners in a polite and friendly way.
- Friendly personality
- Keen/ motivated/ enthusiastic
- Well organised
GCSEs in English and maths at grade A-C / 9-4 or equivalent.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard:
- Functional Skills if required
Salary: £9754 per year