AMAZING OPPORTUNITY UP FOR GRABS!! Durham School have an exciting opportunity for an IT Apprentice to play an important role and to join their expanding and ambitious IT team. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual who wants to develop in the IT department working towards achieving a Level 3 IT Support Apprenticeship.
Duties will include:
- Provide technical support and guidance to staff (and students where appropriate) in the use of software, problem solving and generally support them in using school IT systems correctly (both in and out of the classroom situation)
- Maintain and “fault find” in relation to computers and other IT equipment around the school and organise with the Network Manager (where necessary) if repairs / updates are required
- Provide a level of support in relation to pupil’s own devices (or school-initiated BYOD devices).
- Carried out regular schedule and ad-hoc visits to our other 2 sites (walking distance) to carry out support and maintenance.
- When required, assist in the setup of new equipment and software.
- Make minor repairs / apply software updates as required as instructed by the Network Manager.
- Adhere to any agreed schedules of work.
- Engage and support with project work as provided.
- Follow routine equipment / room checks and report / action works where appropriate.
- Maintain GDPR and Safeguarding compliance within your remit.
- Carry out day to day management / use of Lansweeper for software and device maintenance.
- Provide “in-class” support on request at any school site.
- Assist in the production of educational resources as and when required.
- Maintain, report issues and monitor the school photocopying and print solution. Keep a spreadsheet up to date with copier supplies.
- Carry out Inventory checks as per agreed schedule.
- Monitor and action the IT helpdesk system for allocated tickets and carry them out in an acceptable timeframe, provide updates and monitor daily.
- Answer IT Support telephone calls and log on the helpdesk system.
- Setup and prepare A.V.A equipment for meetings, events, presentations, and seminars.
- Report to the Network Manager for daily work (in addition to work already allocated via the IT helpdesk system).
- Assist with the deployment of new computers / devices.
- Support, troubleshoot and maintain A.V.A equipment.
- Provide high quality IT support to the school community as a whole.
- Any other duties which are commensurate with the post (and may not be listed here).
- ICT Skills
- Knowledge of use of relevant Computer Software packages (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (e.g. Microsoft Windows)
- Use of the Internet
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to plan and organise work
- Commitment to quality
- Commitment to IT service provision
- Pleasant manner when dealing with ALL members of the School
- Tactful, discreet
- Flexible approach
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to travel between sites
- Good sense of humour
- Honest and Trustworthy
- GCSE’s at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Technical Certificate
- Day release class
Salary: £9,254.00 per year