We have an exciting opportunity to join a North East business as a Business Administrator Apprentice. Based in Middlesbrough, you will be responsible for general office duties, take and collate orders, deal with customers in person and via email or phone..
Duties will include:
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Create orders forms from customer’s requirements and information, which will be used to follow orders through factory.
- Communicate with customers to ensure that their orders are correct, that they are content with the situation with their orders.
- Engage with any customer queries or complaints.
- Engage with customers in the shop when shop manager is on lunch break or during busy periods.
- Maintain a clear and clean appearance to the “front of house”, ensuring office is clean and entrance.
- Re-direct calls to the required members of staff.
- In mornings access the answer phone for messages and ensure customers calls are processed or returned.
- In a timely manner, work load dependent, reply to all appropriate emails.
- Supply quotes for customers requiring such information and ensuring to liaise with the Directors for large orders.
- Liaise with the design team with regards to customer’s artwork and logos.
- Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care and maintenance of the computers and other equipment used for which the role has responsibility.
- Adhere to health and safety policy
- Maintaining and keeping the working area in a clean and tidy fashion.
- Liaising with Supervisor and Production Manager in relation to due dates and deadlines.
- Report any problems with computer or equipment to the line Manager.
- At the end of each working day the sale office is to be closed down and secured ensuring the following:
- All computers all shut down and switched off
- Phones are turned to night mode.
- Bins are emptied and desk is tidied.
- All portable heaters are switched off and disconnected from the socket.
- Ensure that their respective toilets are secured by turning off the light, closing windows and doors.
- When leaving the premises to ensure that no single individual female is left in the building alone, for the purposes of security.
- To sign in and out at the start and end of each shift.
- Previous experience is not necessary, training will be provided.
- Basic computer skills, with the ability to use MS word, MS Excel or Apple Pages, Apple Numbers, various email (MS Outlook and Apple) and various internet (Google Chrome, Explorer, Safari).
- An eye for detail and good concentration skills needed.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately.
- Good communicator – written and verbal
- Well presented
- Good interpersonal skills / Pleasant telephone manner
- Able to deal with a wide range of visitors and learners in a polite and friendly way.
- Friendly personality
- Keen/ motivated/ enthusiastic
- Well organised
GCSEs in English and maths at grade A-C / 9-4 or equivalent.
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard:
- Functional Skills if required
Via your ITEC tutor and on-the-job training, you’ll get the opportunity to learn:
- Record and document production
- Decision making
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organisation
- Project management
- Relevant regulation
- Business fundamentals
- External environment factors
Salary: £9380 per year