Software Developer Apprenticeship
ITEC NE is absolutely delighted to be working with Peg Digital in their search for a talented and creative Software Development Apprentice to join their thriving team. If you’re the lucky applicant who proves successful, you’ll get to design children’s games from initial sketch through to coding and testing, this truly is an amazing opportunity!
The successful candidate needs to meet at least the following basic skills requirements:
- Aptitude in working with Word processing and spreadsheet software
- Excellent file handling practises (sensible file names, well-organised folders, version control, i.e. not losing or overwriting files etc.)
- Some knowledge and skill with Adobe creative software i.e. Photoshop/Illustrator/After Effects
- Good understanding of email and server-based file systems i.e. Dropbox/Google Drive
- Excellent language and communication skills
The successful candidate will initially be expected to:
- Take part in ideas generation meetings where we talk about gameplay concepts for new games
- Generating creative assets for games (props/background elements/animation loops etc.)
- Researching (google/forums etc.) to find examples of game mechanics/visual styles/audio six/art assets/brands etc.
- Helping to test our games for bugs and accurately recording how the bug occurred and on what device etc.
Longer term we would be looking to train the candidate to be able to contribute in the following additional ways:
- Learning specific software that we use for animation
- Learning how to build digital wireframes (which act as a blueprint for how a game fits together)
- Play a larger role in ideas generation and get the opportunity to learn hope to help implement some of those ideas in live games
- Testing more in-depth elements of games such as game difficulty, enemy A.I and controls, giving more details feedback about what might be improved and why
This is a highly creative and technical role so you’ll have the following skills:
- Sketching/artwork ability evidenced by a portfolio
- A passion for games and game design
- Strong ability to problem solve from beginning to end
- Extremely creative
- Relentless in their problem-solving process
- Strong communicator
For more information about Software Developer Apprenticeships please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/apprenticeships/.
To look at other vacancies we have available please visit https://www.itecne.co.uk/vacancies/.