The Kickstart Scheme is a £2 billion fund to create hundreds of thousands of high-quality 6-month work placements for young people.
Funding available for each job will cover the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week, you will also receive an incentive fee per placement to help with start-up costs. Plus the associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
There will also be funding available to support young people to develop new skills and to help them move into sustained employment after they have completed their Kickstart funded job.
The job placements created with Kickstart funding must be new jobs.
They must not:
- Replace existing or planned vacancies
- Cause existing employees or contractors to lose or reduce their employment
The roles you are applying for must be:
- A minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group
- should not require people to undertake extensive training before they begin the job placement
All applications should include how you will help the participants to develop their skills and experience with:
- Support to look for long-term work
- Support with CV and interview preparation
- Training to develop their skills, such as teamwork, organisation and communications as part of the role
How can ITEC help?
If you have more than 30 placements you can apply directly
If you are looking to access the Kickstart Scheme and have less than 30 placements, ITEC North East will be your local representative and take care of the whole process from start to finish, our service includes:
- Advertisement for your Job Placement
- Pre-screen and Recruitment
- Pre-Employment training
- CV writing and Interview preparation.
- Training partner to support the level 2 qualification