Why take on an apprentice?
The benefits for your business
Hiring an apprentice is a productive and effective way to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
- 86% of employers said apprenticeships helped them develop skills relevant to their organisation
- 78% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve productivity
- 74% of employers said apprenticeships helped them improve the quality of their product or service
Other benefits of working with apprentices include:
- you can adapt their training according to the needs of your business
- they’re motivated to learn new skills
- you can expand and upskill your workforce
1. Increase employee retention
Having an apprenticeship scheme in place is highly likely to increase your retention rate. Statistics show that trainees tend to be committed to an organisation that has helped them to develop. In short, they feel satisfied and integrated into your business, so are expected to stay with you for longer.
2. Develop your own talent
Fill current or predicted skills shortages by growing your own talent in-house. Apprenticeships offer you the opportunity to train people in the specific areas in which you feel resource is needed the most, providing your organisation with the skills it needs to achieve your goals.
3. Strengthen your employer brand
Apprenticeships are big news! And any company with an apprenticeship programme in place is likely to be viewed as a forward-thinking organisation, who is investing in its people. You’re sure to boost your attraction rates and become an employer of choice for both prospective employees, as well as for those looking for apprenticeship opportunities.
4. Enhance productivity
Having an apprentice in the workplace means an extra pair of hands. This will allow more experienced employees to delegate certain tasks, providing them with more time to concentrate on their core responsibilities.